Houston, We Have a Leak…

We forgot to mention that on our camping trip to Vermont, we also noticed the wall behind the toilet was damp. We figured there was some water getting in from around the seam so I took the window out to reseal it.

After making sure the area was completely dry, I removed the window, cleaned up the area and used butyl tape to seal all around the seam. I then tried to install the window back into place but for some reason, I couldn’t get it to fit back in! After a couple of hours of frustration, I called it a day to see if Jazz could figure it out.

The following day, Jazz and I spent almost an hour trying to get it it when Jazz started laughing and said: Um, I think I got it.” It helps if you’re not trying to put it in backwards! Before screwing the window back into place, we used some air conditioner foam to stuff around the seam for insulation. Hopefully, this will do the trick.

Since it was a nice day and we were working on her anyway, we decided to also reseal the seams around the front overhead cab. This ended up taking much longer than we anticipated so we finished the following weekend. We also scraped and resealed around the front marker lights. With any luck, this will keep up dry in the bunk area for a while.

Don’t forget to subscribe and follow us on social media!

~J & J

Leave a Reply